Pay Equity Under Heightened EEOC and OFCCP Scrutiny
Minimizing Exposure to Government Enforcement and Employee Lawsuits for Wage Discrimination
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for employers' counsel on avoiding being targeted for pay equity violation investigations by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). The panel will also discuss current legal trends and steps employers should take to minimize private wage discrimination lawsuits.
Recent legal developments
- EEOC enforcement
- OFCCP enforcement
- Case law developments
Best practices to minimize liability
- Audit compensation systems and practices for disparities in pay
- Ensure that all future compensation analyses with counsel are privileged
- Eliminate systems that have discriminatory effect
- Document bases for past decisions and develop objective criteria for future decisions
- Revise record retention policies and practices
- Train supervisors and managers
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How are the EEOC and OFCCP addressing growing concerns regarding pay disparity?
- What actions should employers and their counsel take immediately to reduce exposure to enforcement actions and litigation?
- How are courts addressing what it means to be substantially equal under the EPA?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Alison B. Marshall
Ms. Marshall is an active litigator who has extensive experience handling complex employment litigation matters... | Read More
Ms. Marshall is an active litigator who has extensive experience handling complex employment litigation matters including employment discrimination class actions and wage and hour class actions. She is a frequent speaker on employment and civil rights issues and the author of a number of published articles on EEO issues.Close
Dr. Donald R. Deere
His work has included statistics and economic analysis in cases involving claims of discrimination in employment,... | Read More
His work has included statistics and economic analysis in cases involving claims of discrimination in employment, housing, transportation and insurance, in cases involving wage and hour violations, and in cases involving lost earnings or commercial damages. He also has conducted analyses of compensation practices for internal and OFCCP audit purposes.Close
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
She is in charge of enforcement of the major laws against employment discrimination in the states of Tennessee,... | Read More
She is in charge of enforcement of the major laws against employment discrimination in the states of Tennessee, Arkansas and the northern seventeen counties of Mississippi. She is a frequent speaker on a variety of employment discrimination issues.Close