Patent Drafting for Machine Learning: Structural Claim Limitations, Avoiding Sections 101 or 112 Rejections, Drafting for EPO
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide patent practitioners in overcoming the challenges when seeking patent protection for machine learning inventions. The panel will also discuss what can be done to anticipate and minimize the risks of Sect. 101 or 112 rejections and drafting with an eye towards the European Patent Office (EPO).
- Challenges in drafting patents for machine learning under Sections 101 and 112
- Anticipating and avoiding Sect. 101 or 112 rejections
- Addressing inventorship issues when patenting inventions directed to machine learning
- EPO approach to patentability of machine learning or AI inventions
- Drafting tips
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the hurdles for patent counsel to demonstrate inventorship?
- How can patent counsel meet the requirements under Sect. 101 and 112 in machine learning patent applications?
- What steps should patent counsel take to minimize the likelihood of Sect. 101 or 112 rejections?
- How does the EPO treat patent applications for machine learning technologies differently than the USPTO?
Mr. Kennedy is a UK and European patent attorney in the firm’s Electronics and Engineering Department. He deals... | Read More
Mr. Kennedy is a UK and European patent attorney in the firm’s Electronics and Engineering Department. He deals with patent matters in a wide range of technology areas from applied physics, mechanical engineering and medical devices to telecommunications, electronics and software. Mr. Kennedy has particular expertise in artificial intelligence and deep learning-based technologies. He has extensive experience of working with SMEs and multinational companies, usually acting as outside counsel but also at times in an outsourced “in-house” role and has also assisted a variety of start-ups and universities.Close
Joseph J. Probst
Dority & Manning
Mr. Probst advises clients regarding intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on assisting clients in... | Read More
Mr. Probst advises clients regarding intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on assisting clients in obtaining U.S. and international patents to protect their inventions and products. He drafts and prosecutes patent applications primarily directed to electrical and computer-implemented subject matter such as inventions regarding artificial intelligence but also has experience in many different fields of technology. His technological focus is machine learning and other forms of artificial intelligence. He has prepared and prosecuted over 200 patent applications in such fields, including both applications for core machine learning technologies and applications for applied machine learning technologies.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/05/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/05/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H