Patent Cooperation Treaty: Evaluating the Benefits and Risks, Obtaining International Patent Protection
Navigating the PCT, Priority, Selection of International Authorities, PCT Search and Examination, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for patent practitioners on the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). The panel will discuss the system’s advantages and disadvantages and how to strategically use the PCT to obtain international patent protection.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using PCT
- Writing an international application
- Receiving office selection
- International searching authority selection
- Priority applications
- Making changes to the application
- Unity of invention
- Active prosecution in the PCT phase
- National stage entry
- Recent regulatory changes
- Getting help in your PCT application
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the benefits of and reasons to use the PCT?
- What should patent counsel weigh when determining where to file the international application?
- What should patent practitioners consider when selecting the ISA?
- When should patent counsel consider filing a Demand for International Examination?
- When to use the Patent Prosecution Highway after positive international examination?
- When to file through the PCT and when to consider Paris Convention filings in PCT countries?
Rebecca M. McNeill
Ms. McNeill offers intellectual property strategy and advises on new application preparation, patent prosecution (U.S.... | Read More
Ms. McNeill offers intellectual property strategy and advises on new application preparation, patent prosecution (U.S. and foreign), and preparation and negotiation of IP transactions, and provides the full scope of counseling services. She has a special interest in counseling clients on patent application filing and developing worldwide prosecution strategies in concert with clients’ business goals. She has managed and directed the U.S. and international patent portfolios for U.S. clients and has overseen the U.S. patent portfolio for international clients in Europe and Asia.Close
Jens Viktor Nørgaard
Partner, Head of Biotechnology & Plant Sciences
Mr. Nørgaard is a Partner and Head of Biotech at HØIBERG, a leading life-science IPR law firm in the... | Read More
Mr. Nørgaard is a Partner and Head of Biotech at HØIBERG, a leading life-science IPR law firm in the Medicon Valley Region in Denmark. He is a European patent attorney specializing in biotech and medtech practice with 15 years of experience, including a period as in-house director of IPR at two biotech companies.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video