Partnership Termination and Transfer of a Partner's Interest: Form 1065 Challenges
Tackling Complex Calculation Issues for Return Preparers
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will provide tax return preparers with increased familiarity with the issues involved in transfers of partnership interests, including exchanges, retirement of a partner, gift, contribution or abandonment of a partnership interest, and death of a partner.
- Termination of partner’s interest
- Termination by death or abandonment
- Transfer of partner’s interest by gift, exchange, retirement
- Issues under Form 1065
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What complexities do return preparers face in Form 1065 due to a termination or transfer of a partner’s interest in the partnership?
- What are the key issues concerning the tax consequences to the seller that result upon the sale of a partnership interest?
- How is character of gain or loss determined upon a transfer?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
She works primarily with closely held businesses and their owners on personalized tax savings strategies, technical... | Read More
She works primarily with closely held businesses and their owners on personalized tax savings strategies, technical issues with sales and divestitures, and other tax matters.Close
Lowndes Drosdick Doster Kantor & Reed
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety... | Read More
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety of complex federal tax matters, with a particular emphasis on pass-through entities such as partnerships, S corporations and real estate investment trusts. Specifically, she focuses on advising clients on the formation, operation, acquisition and restructuring of pass-through entities.Close