Overcoming Sect. 101 Rejections: USPTO Guidance, Recent Decisions to Meet Sect. 101 Patent Eligibility Requirements
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for patent counsel for overcoming Section 101 rejections. The panel will review recent case law and USPTO guidance on Section 101 patent eligibility and offer strategies to address Section 101 rejections.
- Court treatment of Section 101 since Alice Corp.
- USPTO guidance
- Strategies for overcoming Section 101 rejections
- Identifying and arguing deficiencies in examiner's characterization
- Examiner interviews
- Addressing rationale behind rejection
- Amending claims
- Improved drafting to avoid rejections
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How have the courts treated Section 101 rejections since Alice?
- What strategies should patent counsel implement to overcome Section 101 rejections?
- How can patent counsel guide applicants in reducing the likelihood of rejection?
Michael L. Kiklis
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit... | Read More
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit appeals from his cases. With an extensive background in computer science, his technological focus is on software patent matters. He frequently handles high stakes matters, having been involved in several cases in which over $1 billion was at stake.Close
Stephen G. Kunin
Maier & Maier
Mr. Kunin represents clients in post-grant patent proceedings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also... | Read More
Mr. Kunin represents clients in post-grant patent proceedings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also serves as an expert witness and consultant on patent policy, practice and procedure. During his tenure at the USPTO, he served in many executive positions, including as Deputy Commissioner for Patent Examination Policy.Close