Overcoming Common Obstacles to Personal Injury Settlement: Medical Liens, Child Support, CMS Reporting and More
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide personal injury attorneys regarding common obstacles that arise during settlement negotiations and how to overcome them. Our panel will discuss tactics for discovering potential settlement obstacles before mediation, how to request necessary records from CMS and other agencies, and how to ensure that settlement agreements correctly account for any liens or CMS issues.
- Overview of common obstacles to settlement in personal injury cases
- Discussion of how to structure discovery efforts to learn about potential settlement obstacles early on
- Strategies for obtaining necessary information from healthcare providers, CMS, child services and more
- Best practices for drafting and reviewing settlement documents involving liens, MSAs or other wrinkles
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are common obstacles to settlement in personal injury claims?
- How can attorneys learn whether potential obstacles to settlement exist in their case?
- If a potential obstacle is discovered, how can counsel resolve the issue to facilitate settlement?
- What is language needs to include in settlement documents to ensure that any liens or CMS issues are handled properly?
Katherine A. Cárdenas
Lucas & Cárdenas
Ms. Cárdenas has more than 20 years of experience representing adults and minors who have suffered debilitating... | Read More
Ms. Cárdenas has more than 20 years of experience representing adults and minors who have suffered debilitating injuries in every area of personal injury. Ms. Cárdenas is a member of the highly esteemed Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum due to her repeated success in winning multi-million dollar settlements for her clients. She has tried numerous cases in state and federal court and has argued before the Supreme Court of Illinois.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 12/21/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 12/21/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H