Optimizing Jury Selection in Commercial Litigation: Strategic Use of Questioning, Strikes and Social Media
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide litigators with key techniques for selecting jurors. The panel will offer specific tips for using social media, strategic questioning, identifying juror bias, dealing with tainted jury panels, and avoiding common mistakes during voir dire.
- Effective questioning
- Use of social media as part of jury selection
- Determining bias
- Effective use of preemptory and “for cause” strikes
- Dealing with a tainted jury panel
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What techniques can litigators use to increase the “likeability” of their client by potential jurors during jury selection?
- What types of open-ended questions are likely to indicate the biases of potential jurors?
- How can litigators precondition jurors to the key themes in their case during voir dire?
- How can litigators utilize social media to their benefit in optimizing jury selection?
- How must litigators quickly and efficiently handle a tainted jury panel?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
William E. Hammel
Constangy Brooks & Smith
Mr. Hammel is an experienced litigator in a wide range of legal matters in both state and federal court. Mr.... | Read More
Mr. Hammel is an experienced litigator in a wide range of legal matters in both state and federal court. Mr. Hammel litigates statutory employment claims, class and collective actions, whistleblower claims, administrative actions, nonsubscriber claims, and workplace torts. He has extensive experience in drafting and litigating employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and other restrictive covenants.Close