Open Source Licensing Risks and Requirements: Contract Compliance, Copyright Infringement, Monitoring
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel for companies using open source software to understand and address the legal risks of open source licensing. The panel will provide best practices for ensuring compliance, minimizing infringement and monitoring.
- Open source license conditions
- Open source license compliance processes and policies
- Infringement vs. compliance risks
- Enforcement efforts
The panel will review these and other noteworthy questions:
- What are the typical legal conditions that come with an open source license?
- What are the legal risks facing companies using or redistributing open source software?
- What are best practices to ensure compliance with open source license agreements?
- What are best practices if you receive a non-compliance claim?
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Ms. Meeker advises technology clients on IP matters. Her practice focuses on counseling in technology transactions,... | Read More
Ms. Meeker advises technology clients on IP matters. Her practice focuses on counseling in technology transactions, including licenses, channel sales agreements, development agreements, university technology transfer and consumer contracting; open source software licensing, including IP strategy, compliance, transactions and disputes; technology and IP issues in M&As; and copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret.Close
Lead IP Counsel
Mr. Myles is Head of IP at Dropbox where he specializes in a variety of IP issues, including overseeing Dropbox's... | Read More
Mr. Myles is Head of IP at Dropbox where he specializes in a variety of IP issues, including overseeing Dropbox's patent, trademark and open source programs. Prior to his legal career, Mr. Myles was a software engineer at IBM Research and Apple Inc. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from The University of Arizona and a J.D. from Santa Clara University.Close