Obtaining and Admitting Cell Phone Evidence at Trial: Call Logs, Text Messages, and Location Data
An encore presentation featuring live Q&A
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide litigators on how to obtain and use cell phone evidence at trial, from issuing discovery requests to overcoming admissibility issues. Our panel will also discuss the function of expert witnesses in providing evidence on cell phone location, GPS, text messaging and other commonly used wireless communications features.
- Overview of information commonly stored in cell phones that is useful in litigation
- Discussion of how to successfully obtain cell phone records for use at trial
- Analysis of admissibility issues with cell phone records and data
- Use of expert witnesses at trial
- Best practices in obtaining and using cell phone data during litigation
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What types of information are commonly stored in cell phones?
- How can attorneys successfully obtain cell phone records and data for use at trial?
- What role do expert witnesses play in the admission or exclusion of cell phone data as evidence?
- What are the best practices for attorneys in obtaining and using cell phone data during litigation?
Michael I. Frankel
Mr. Frankel provides e-discovery counseling to clients and colleagues facing the ever-increasing legal and... | Read More
Mr. Frankel provides e-discovery counseling to clients and colleagues facing the ever-increasing legal and technological complexities that permeate this area of law. He has over a decade of legal experience managing e-discovery projects, both large and small. Before entering the legal profession, Mr. Frankel spent 14 years as a software engineer and database designer for Fortune 100 companies, a background that enables him to address the technical intricacies of electronic document discovery.Close
Laurence D. Lieb, CCPA, CASA, COSFE, CBE, FEXE
Founder & Managing Partner
Mr. Lieb is a nationally known subject matter expert in the field of computer forensics and electronic discovery. ... | Read More
Mr. Lieb is a nationally known subject matter expert in the field of computer forensics and electronic discovery. He has testified in both federal and state courts on the subjects of computer and smartphone forensics. Mr. Lieb’s practice focuses on maximizing the limited dollars his clients have available for substantive legal work whilst minimizing wasted expense. Hey is committed to providing his expert work on pro bono matters as well as corporate matters.Close
Charles B. Molster, III
The Law Offices of Charles B. Molster III
Mr. Molster has extensive experience as a trial lawyer handling complex litigation matters in federal and state courts... | Read More
Mr. Molster has extensive experience as a trial lawyer handling complex litigation matters in federal and state courts around the country and has provided extensive outside general counsel services to various corporate and other clients. His broad range of experience includes complex commercial litigation, patent litigation, corporate governance/shareholder advice and litigation, employment advice and litigation, and securities advice and litigation, among others. Mr. Molster regularly conducts CLE programs and other education presentations relating to various legal issues.Close