NPE Patent Litigation: Latest Developments
Leveraging Alice, Federal Rules Amendments, and Patent Office Proceedings in Defending Infringement Disputes
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to IP counsel on recent developments that impact how companies deal with non-practicing entities (NPEs). The panel will also discuss settlement and defense strategies in patent suits with NPEs.
- Current trends in NPE patent litigation
- Impact of Alice
- Motions practice
- Heightened pleading standards
- Patent Office proceedings
- Mitigating the impact of NPEs
- What can be learned from recent cases
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What impact have the AIA and the Supreme Court decision in Alice had on NPEs?
- How have practitioners leveraged strategic motions practice in NPE litigation?
- What strategies can be employed to minimize the threat of NPE patent litigation?
R. David Donoghue
Holland & Knight
Mr. Donoghue is a trial attorney and the deputy practice group leader of the firm’s IP group, focusing his almost... | Read More
Mr. Donoghue is a trial attorney and the deputy practice group leader of the firm’s IP group, focusing his almost 15 years of experience upon intellectual property litigation and particularly upon patent disputes. He has been chosen as lead trial counsel in RPXIS’s insurance program defending companies against non-practicing entities. His practice spans diverse technology areas.Close
Dana M. Herberholz
Parsons Behle & Latimer
Mr. Herberholz is a registered patent attorney whose practice emphasizes intellectual property matters and litigation,... | Read More
Mr. Herberholz is a registered patent attorney whose practice emphasizes intellectual property matters and litigation, with particular emphasis on patent litigation. His experience includes litigation concerning diverse technologies including, flat panel displays, digital projectors, wireless communication technology, and electronic vehicle braking systems.Close