Non-Profits and Unrelated Business Income: Evaluating Non-Core Revenue Streams
Preparing for Tough Scrutiny of UBI by the IRS
Recording of a 110-minute CPE/CLE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide accounting advisors with an update on new developments involving unrelated business income (UBI) oversight at the federal level. The panel will offer suggestions to improve planning and preparation for IRS non-profit audits.
- Latest developments at the federal level
- House subcommittee hearings
- IRS compliance projects on colleges and universities, and churches
- Material new or revised IRS guidance on UBI
- Updated Publication 598
- 2012 IRS work plan, and UBI's role in it
- Requirements for 501(c)(6) organizations with affinity marketing programs to file Form 990-T and report UBI
- Letter rulings
- Policy related comments at exempt organizations conference
- Audit planning alternatives
- Recommended approaches for non-profits to adjust to federal policy shifts
The panel will explore what is and isn't now considered UBI, based on these and other latest developments:
- Congressional inquiries and special IRS oversight programs on colleges and faith-based organizations.
- Updated IRS guidance and work plan.
- Special rules for affinity programs and 501(c)(6)es.
- Trends in IRS audits of non-profits.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Patricia Jo Mayer
Senior Tax Manager
She is attached to the firm's not-for-profit industry group and serves as its regional NPO tax expert for Suthern... | Read More
She is attached to the firm's not-for-profit industry group and serves as its regional NPO tax expert for Suthern California. She works on tax compliance and planning for NPOs and foundations, among other clients, and is a frequent speaker on non-profit topics to professional groups.Close
He founded the firm, which specializes in entity formation and tax compliance for 501(c)(3) organizations, in 2000. The... | Read More
He founded the firm, which specializes in entity formation and tax compliance for 501(c)(3) organizations, in 2000. The firm has guided more than 12,000 non-profits through the 501(c)(3) process.Close