Non-Profit Internal Controls: Establishing and Examining Controls To Prevent Fraud and Improve Financial Reporting
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide a special focus on developing strong internal controls fitted to the unique characteristics of a non-profit organization, under current accounting and marketplace standards.
Why tougher internal controls are expected from non-profits
- Examples of fraud or substandard oversight
Relevant accounting standards
- SAS 99
- SAS 103
- SAS 112
- SAS 104-111
Common traits and goals of effective non-profit controls
- What characterizes performing vs. weak controls
- Experiences in designing an NPO's controls
- Experiences in maintaining an NPO's controls
- Experiences in inspecting an NPO's controls
The panel will explore relevant topics such as:
- Developing the controls necessary for an effective NPO risk management plan.
- Understanding the characteristics of, and reinforcing, an effective internal control environment.
- Identifying the traits of ineffective controls for NPOs—sand knowing how to avoid the pitfalls.
- Complying with accounting standards for non-profits and their auditors on internal controls.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Kahn Litwin Renzi & Co.
Mr. Monti has more than 40 years of experience working on accounting and finance engagements for non-profit... | Read More
Mr. Monti has more than 40 years of experience working on accounting and finance engagements for non-profit organizations.Close
Henry & Horne
Her primary focus is on audits of non-profits, particularly behavioral healthcare, social service, arts and... | Read More
Her primary focus is on audits of non-profits, particularly behavioral healthcare, social service, arts and cultural, and membership association organizations. She is a member of the AICPA Not-For-Profit Steering Committee.Close