NFT and Intellectual Property Intersection: Licensing, Monitoring, Enforcement Strategies
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide IP counsel on non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and the intersection with IP. The panelist will discuss the current lay of the land and examine licensing considerations and strategies. The panelist will also discuss monitoring and offer best practices for addressing and overcoming infringement challenges.
- Overview of NFTs and Current Trends
- The Intersection of NFTs and IP
- IP Protection Strategies for NFTs (Patents, Design Patents, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Dress)
- IP Infringement Monitoring and Enforcement Challenges and Strategies
- Licensing of IP for NFTs
- Key Issues
- Significance of Terms of Service and Other Legal Issues
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What are the opportunities and risks associated with NFTs?
- As the IP owner, what factors should be considered when determining whether to create an NFT?
- What steps should IP owners and their counsel take if their IP has been infringed in an NFT?
James G. Gatto
Blockchain & Fintech Team Leader
Mr. Gatto is Co-Leader of the firm's Digital Media Industry and Social Media and Games Industry Teams, and Leader... | Read More
Mr. Gatto is Co-Leader of the firm's Digital Media Industry and Social Media and Games Industry Teams, and Leader of the firm's Open Source Team. His practice focuses on all aspects of intellectual property, internet and technology law, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and open source. Mr. Gatto advises clients of all sizes on key legal and business issues relating to the use of social media, video games, virtual goods and currency, social networks, virtual worlds, mirror worlds, augmented reality, open source user-generated content, location-based services and gamification.Close