New SEC Whistleblowing Rules: Impact on FCPA Compliance
Enhancing Internal Reporting Procedures and Meeting New Investigation and Disclosure Challenges
New rules effective August 12
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel for companies doing business outside the U.S. with guidance on the new SEC whistleblower rules and the impact of the rules on FCPA investigations and disclosures. The panel will offer best practices for FCPA compliance policies and procedures in light of the new rules.
- SEC whistleblower rules
- Factors in determining whistleblower award
- Anti-retaliation provisions
- Implementing a compliance program in light of the new rules
- Rules impact on FCPA investigations and disclosure
- Best practices
- Internal reporting procedures
- Procedures for investigating whistleblower reports
- Internal compliance controls and procedures
- Communication with employees and third-party vendors
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the practical implications of the new whistleblower rules for companies doing business outside the U.S.?
- What steps can companies take to avoid potential risks of whistleblower reporting?
- What can companies doing business outside the U.S. do to encourage internal reporting?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Edward J. Fishman
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions,... | Read More
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions, and related regulatory matters. He focuses on FCPA compliance and auditor independence requirements. Mr. Fishman has extensive experience representing companies in connection with FCPA compliance, due diligence, training and other risk management procedures. He also regularly advises clients on matters before the DOJ and the SEC.Close
Matt T. Morley
He assists clients in responding to investigations by law enforcement authorities and regulatory agencies, and counsels... | Read More
He assists clients in responding to investigations by law enforcement authorities and regulatory agencies, and counsels them on complying with the federal securities laws and other regulatory requirements. He also works with companies in developing and implementing corporate compliance programs.Close
Amy L. Sommers
Ms. Sommers focuses on advising on investment and operation in restricted sectors. She is a leading China-based... | Read More
Ms. Sommers focuses on advising on investment and operation in restricted sectors. She is a leading China-based practitioner in FCPA and anti-bribery compliance. She works closely with clients in developing strategies for compliance with the FCPA and PRC anti-bribery laws, and provides global solutions for clients facing the challenges of increasingly complex regulation and intensified global enforcement.Close