New PCAOB Audit Risk Assessment Standards
Master the Guidelines for Analyzing Material Risk of Misstatements in Financials
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will prepare accounting advisors to comply fully with the new PCAOB audit risk standards for post-Dec. 15, 2010 period audits, utilizing a comprehensive risk-assessment approach.
- Standards initially proposed in October 2008
- Extensive comment periods and revisions
- Replace six PCAOB interim standards and related amendments
- Details of new standards
- Effective for audit periods starting on or after Dec. 15, 2010
- AS No. 8 on audit risk
- AS No. 9 on audit planning
- AS No. 10 on supervising the audit engagement
- AS No. 11 on considering materiality in planning and performing an audit
- AS No. 12 on identifying and assessing risks of material misstatement
- AS No. 13 on auditor responses to risks of material misstatement
- AS No. 14 on evaluating audit results
- AS No. 15 on audit evidence
- Likely compliance scenarios under new standards
- Audits of smaller public entities not currently falling under SOX Sect. 404b
- Bridging to audit firm’s approach under AICPA risk standards
The panel will explore these and other important subjects:
- Material changes between the new PCAOB risk standards and the previous versions.
- Similarities and differences between the PCAOB and AICPA risk standards.
- Meeting the new PCAOB standards in audits affected for the first time.
- Fusing compliance with those standards into your firm's existing audit risk approach.
Partner-In-Charge of Methodology and Training, Assurance Professional Practice Group
He has worked for the firm since 1974 and his current responsibilities include developing audit processes and ensuring... | Read More
He has worked for the firm since 1974 and his current responsibilities include developing audit processes and ensuring their consistent application across the firm's assurance practices. He also helps establish audit process training materials and courses, and monitor compliance with audit standards and processes.Close
Senior Manager, Assurance Services
She has more than 20 years of experience consulting with clients on complex auditing and accounting issues. In her... | Read More
She has more than 20 years of experience consulting with clients on complex auditing and accounting issues. In her current job, she primarily handles on-site supervision and review of audit engagements, and development of internal firm education courses.Close
He has more than 35 years of public accounting experience, including 20 years as a partner at Ernst & Young and a... | Read More
He has more than 35 years of public accounting experience, including 20 years as a partner at Ernst & Young and a partner role at UHY. He also has designed three audit risk assessment-related courses for the AICPA.Close