New Employment Challenges in Transportation and Logistics
Analyzing New Prime Inc. v. Oliveira, Worker Classification, Regulatory Compliance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide in-house counsel and employment practitioners on how to navigate the unique employment issues in the transportation and logistics sector. The panelists will discuss how to advise clients on issues surrounding worker classification, arbitration agreements, and regulatory compliance.
- Overview of common employment issues facing the transportation and logistics industries
- Worker classification issues
- Arbitration agreements in light of New Prime Inc. v. Oliveira
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Best practices for employment counsel in drafting work agreements, safety manuals and employee handbooks
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the unique worker classification issues impacting the transportation and logistics sectors?
- How will the Supreme Court's ruling in New Prime Inc. v. Oliveira affect arbitration agreements in the transportation industry?
- What are the regulatory compliance matters that employment counsel for transportation companies and logistics companies need to consider?
Alexander M. (Zander) Chemers
Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart
Mr. Chemers has significant experience defending employers against wage-and-hour claims, ranging from single plaintiff... | Read More
Mr. Chemers has significant experience defending employers against wage-and-hour claims, ranging from single plaintiff administrative proceedings to class actions involving thousands of putative class members. These cases have involved the panoply of wage-and-hour claims, including alleged violations of minimum wage, overtime, prevailing wage, regular rate, meal period and rest break, business expenses, and wage statement statutes. He has also successfully defended companies against alleged violations of federal statutes, including disability access claims under Title III and pre-employment disclosures under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Mr. Chemers has also assisted clients who are facing cases involving claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and failure to accommodate.Close
Michael W. Massiatte
Mr. Massiatte focuses his practice on labor and employment matters, including employee relations, employee benefits,... | Read More
Mr. Massiatte focuses his practice on labor and employment matters, including employee relations, employee benefits, and obligations arising in connection with mergers and acquisitions. He also counsels clients on litigation, commercial transactions, corporate compliance and ethics, and risk management matters and he frequently conducts high-level internal investigations. Mr. Massiatte provides advice and counseling to entities of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to startups, on a wide range of business and employment-related issues. He regularly works with employers to review and update employment policies and to provide training on a wide range of topics.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H