NEPA Documentation: Latest Council on Environmental Quality Guidance
Leveraging Mitigation Measures to Meet NEPA Requirements; Expediting Federal Agency Reviews
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel to companies involved in the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) approval process with best practices for operating under the latest NEPA guidance from the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ).
- Mitigation and monitoring guidance
- CEQ guidance
- Impact of the guidance
- Latest CEQ guidance to expedite environmental review process
- Implementation of guidance by federal agencies
- Completing NEPA documentation
- Gaining NEPA approval
- Best practices for working under CEQ guidance
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What does the CEQ guidance recommend for the implementation of mitigation commitments?
- What does the CEQ guidance recommend for the monitoring of mitigation implementation and disclosure of mitigation commitments?
- How will the latest CEQ draft guidance, if implemented, expedite the NEPA approval process?
- How are specific federal agencies expected to implement the CEQ guidance?
- What steps should companies and counsel take now to prepare to comply with the new guidance?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Nicholas C. Yost
He focuses on counseling, document review, administrative proceedings and litigation under the National Environmental... | Read More
He focuses on counseling, document review, administrative proceedings and litigation under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and its state analogues, including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). As general counsel of the President's Council on Environmental Quality, he was lead draftsperson of the NEPA regulations and played a significant role in the development of CEQA.Close
George J. Mannina, Jr.
He has more than three decades experience with environmental litigation and government relations. With an intimate... | Read More
He has more than three decades experience with environmental litigation and government relations. With an intimate knowledge of the statutes, including experience drafting related legislation or amendments, he has won favorable Supreme Court rulings, and major revisions or amendments of environmental laws.Close