Negotiating Technology Transfer Agreements
Structuring Key Provisions, Anticipating and Avoiding Drafting Pitfalls, Addressing Cross-Border Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel for drafting technology transfer and licensing agreements. The panel will discuss key clauses in the contracts and offer best practices for negotiating the agreements and avoiding common pitfalls.
- Key provisions in technology transfer and licensing agreements
- Potential pitfalls with technology transfer and licensing agreements
- Resolving common negotiation disputes
- Key considerations for cross-border technology transfers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key provisions to include in technology transfer and licensing agreements?
- What are the critical steps to minimize the risk of IP infringement with technology transfers?
- What can be done to ensure that adequate rights are received and that any related services are performed in the expected manner?
- What strategies can be used to resolve commonly disputed issues during the negotiation of technology transfer and licensing agreements?
Luke K. Pedersen
Mr. Pedersen's practice includes all aspects of intellectual property law, with a particular emphasis on technology... | Read More
Mr. Pedersen's practice includes all aspects of intellectual property law, with a particular emphasis on technology transfers, licensing, patent prosecution and litigation involving complex and emerging technologies. He regularly drafts and negotiates technology transfer agreements pertaining to ownership rights in and to intellectual property in the context of M&A transactions and licensing programs. He is a frequent lecturer on software related topics including the legal implications of cloud computing, software-as-a-service and open source software.Close
Stephen C. Mann
Mr. Mann’s practice principally focuses on the representation of technology and service industry companies and... | Read More
Mr. Mann’s practice principally focuses on the representation of technology and service industry companies and companies seeking the services of such companies, in M&As, technology, services and outsourcing transactions. Prior to entering law practice, Mr. Mann worked for a leading technology company as a systems architect, a global IT consulting practice manager and a program manager overseeing the integration of acquired companies.Close