Negotiating Licensing Agreements: Risk Mitigation Provisions
Crafting Representations and Warranties, Indemnification, Remedies and Limitation of Liability Clauses
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a roadmap for crafting common risk mitigation provisions in license agreements. The panel will discuss specific clauses that should be included in contracts and explain strategies for avoiding common pitfalls and resolving contract disputes.
- Recent legal developments and business trends in negotiating licensing transactions
- Commonly negotiated risk mitigation provisions
- Representations and warranties
- Limitation of liability
- Strategies for negotiating and resolving contract disputes
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What pitfalls exist in drafting representations and warranties in licensing agreements?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues over indemnification and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
- What is the difference between a limitation of warranties and a limitation of liability?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Rebecca G. Bradley
Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek
She concentrates her practice in commercial, information technology and intellectual property litigation and... | Read More
She concentrates her practice in commercial, information technology and intellectual property litigation and transactions. She has represented parties in litigation, mediations and arbitrations and has particular expertise in preparing and negotiating global software license agreement contracts involving open source software licensing, software development, consulting and hosting services.Close
White & Case
His practice is focused on a variety of intellectual property and technology-related transactional matters in... | Read More
His practice is focused on a variety of intellectual property and technology-related transactional matters in industries such as software, financial services, energy, and health care. He has assisted clients with agreements for license and joint development, technology transfer, payment processing, trademark license, supply and distribution, transition services and outsourcing.Close