Negotiating Information Technology Contracts
Crafting Representations and Warranties, Damages and Limitation of Liability Clauses
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide business counsel with a roadmap for crafting and negotiating common contractual provisions in technology agreements. The panel will discuss clauses that should be included in the agreements and explain strategies for avoiding common negotiation pitfalls and resolving contract disputes.
- Recent legal developments and business trends in information technology contracting
- Commonly negotiated provisions
- Scope of services
- Representations and warranties
- Limitation of liability
- Payment terms and fees
- Dispute resolution
- Strategies for streamlined negotiations and resolving contract disputes
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What contract terms are most frequently included in information technology (IT) contracts?
- How can counsel for purchasers and vendors entering IT contracts best mitigate risk when drafting and negotiating the agreements?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during IT contract negotiations and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Matthew A. Karlyn
Foley & Lardner
He is a member of the firm's Information Technology & Outsourcing Practice. He has extensive experience with... | Read More
He is a member of the firm's Information Technology & Outsourcing Practice. He has extensive experience with transactions relating to outsourcing and information technology, including IT outsourcing, technology licensing, business process outsourcing, systems integration, cloud computing and software development. He advises companies and associations on IT contract development and negotiation.Close
She is responsible for Carbonite’s worldwide legal affairs, including data security and privacy compliance,... | Read More
She is responsible for Carbonite’s worldwide legal affairs, including data security and privacy compliance, international development, management of Carbonite’s intellectual property portfolio, technology licensing, contract development and negotiation, and advising the company’s management and board of directors on legal, strategic and corporate governance matters.Close