Negotiating and Drafting Restaurant Leases
Provisions Addressing Tenant Improvements, Financing and Franchise Structures, Mixed Use, Clean-up Equipment, and More
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on drafting and negotiating provisions of restaurant leases. The panel will discuss how best to address particular concerns with a restaurant use, tenant improvements, franchise relationships, operational issues in mixed-use developments, and issues applicable to tenants generally.
- Restaurant tenants generally: distinguishing features
- Tenant improvements/buildout provisions
- Allocation of responsibility between landlord and tenant
- Equipment and furnishings: lender rights upon lease or loan default
- Franchised (chain) restaurants: rights of franchisor upon default under lease or franchise
- Insurance provisions and coverages
- Other provisions: co-tenancy, go dark, termination provisions, parking, options to renew, insurance
- Subordination, non-disturbance, and attornment agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do the operational aspects of a restaurant impact provisions in a restaurant lease?
- Given the expense of a restaurant buildout, how might financing arrangements impact the lease?
- How might a franchise agreement affect the provisions of a restaurant lease and the build-out process?
- What are the nuisance concerns to address in a restaurant lease?
- What particular concerns exist in a mixed-use development and how might they be reflected in the lease?
Ulmer & Berne
In Ms. Rich's practice of real estate law, she represents buyers and sellers in the acquisition, sale, and... | Read More
In Ms. Rich's practice of real estate law, she represents buyers and sellers in the acquisition, sale, and development of shopping centers. She also represents buyers and sellers in various commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, including properties with unique circumstances such as environmental contamination. Ms. Rich represents commercial landlords, tenants, and clients completing 1031 exchanges. She also assists both lenders and borrowers in negotiating loan documents. Ms. Rich has negotiated transactions involving distressed properties, including assisting clients navigate through deals involving the foreclosure of real property.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/14/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/14/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H