Negotiating and Drafting Restaurant Leases
Tenant Improvements, Franchises, Mixed Use, Parking, Clean-up Equipment and More
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on drafting and negotiating key provisions of restaurant leases. The panel will discuss how best to address special concerns with a restaurant use, tenant improvements, franchise relationships, operational issues in mixed use developments, and issues applicable to tenants generally.
- Restaurant tenants generally: distinguishing features
- Tenant improvements/buildout provisions
- Allocation of responsibility between landlord and tenant
- Equipment and furnishings—lender rights upon lease or loan default
- Franchised (chain) restaurants—rights of franchisor upon default under lease or franchise
- Scrubbers, grease traps, environmental concerns
- Other provisions: co-tenancy, go dark, termination provisions, parking, options to renew, insurance
- Subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do the operational aspects of a restaurant impact provisions in a restaurant lease?
- Given the expense of a restaurant buildout, how might financing arrangements impact the lease?
- How might a franchise affect the notice and assignment provisions of a restaurant lease?
- What environmental or nuisance concerns should be addressed in a restaurant lease?
- What special concerns exist in a mixed use development and how might they be reflected in the lease?
Jeffrey A. Margolis
Margolis Law Firm
Mr. Margolis has represented domestic and foreign clients in connection with acquisitions and sales of all types of... | Read More
Mr. Margolis has represented domestic and foreign clients in connection with acquisitions and sales of all types of properties, with special emphasis on office, industrial and retail (especially retail/shopping center) leasing. He has lectured on commercial real estate at NYU’s Real Estate Institute and Fordham Law School and has served as seminar leader on cutting-edge real estate topics at the International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference and for the National Association of Commercial Real Estate Executives.Close
Philip C. Rosen
Becker & Poliakoff
Mr. Rosen's practice is focused on commercial and residential real estate matters and business transactions. With... | Read More
Mr. Rosen's practice is focused on commercial and residential real estate matters and business transactions. With more than 15 years' experience, he has counseled countless clients through the life cycle of their transactions. His clients include investors, developers, REIT’s, commercial landlords and tenants, private and institutional lenders, franchisees and business owners across Florida and the U.S. He routinely collaborates with brokers, lenders, and investors to insure transactions conclude smoothly.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/23/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/23/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H