Navigating the New Lease Accounting Standards for Audit Advisers
Preparing Clients for the Transition to the Joint Project Lease Reporting
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will provide audit professionals with practical and concrete guidance on how the new Joint FASB/IASB Lease Accounting Standards will impact their role as auditors and advisors to companies affected by the new reporting requirements. The panel will offer details on what the new lease reporting standards will require and what types of industries and companies will be impacted by the new standards, and will discuss the risks of material misstatement related to lease recognition, measurement and presentation that may arise from the new standards. The webinar will present a case study to illustrate the impact of the new standards on audit professionals, and the panelists will provide practical tools for auditors to use when preparing clients for implementation of the new standards, including related party leases.
- An overview of how the new joint project standards will affect lease accounting financial reporting
- Evaluating and responding to risks of material misstatement related to lease recognition, measurement and presentation
- Illustration through case study of the new standard
- Preparing your clients for the new standard
The panel will discuss these and other critical issues:
- How the new standards change the way in which leases are recognized, measured and reported on financial statements?
- What companies and industries can expect to be affected by the new lease accounting standards?
- How the new lease accounting standards affect audits of financial statements?
- What role the audit adviser plays in helping clients to prepare for the new standard?
Mr. Anderson brings more than 20 years of experience leading corporate real estate technology companies through various... | Read More
Mr. Anderson brings more than 20 years of experience leading corporate real estate technology companies through various growth initiatives. This experience has included being the Co-Founder of VirtualPremise (acquired by CoStar Group), CEO of WorkplaceIQ (acquired by Siterra) and serving as the VP of Marketing and Product Management at Redwood Systems (acquired by CommScope).Close
Mr. Rouse has more than 30 years of experience and serves on the AICPA Technical Issues Committee. He also is a... | Read More
Mr. Rouse has more than 30 years of experience and serves on the AICPA Technical Issues Committee. He also is a firmwide audit partner who works with non-profit clients and has taught courses on how risk assessment standards apply to non-profits.Close