Nanomaterials: Complying With the New EPA Regulations
EPA issues first significant new use rule for nanoparticles
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will examine the emerging trends in the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of nanomaterials, the impact of regulation on manufacturers and importers, and best practices for complying with the EPA requirements.
- EPA actions
- TSCA Inventory Status of Nanoscale Substances
- Contract Manufacturer Consent Order — Thomas Swan and Co. Ltd.
- Carbon nanotube (CNT) announcement
- SNURs for nanoparticles
- Regulation of nanoparticle silver
- Implications for manufacturers and importers of nanomaterials
- Manufacturer obligations for “new” chemical substances
- Potential litigation concerns
- Best practices for compliance and minimize exposure
- Evaluate implications of activities under TSCA
- For companies planning to manufacture, process or import nanoparticles
- For companies currently manufacturing, processing or importing nanoparticles
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What steps has the EPA taken so far toward imposing regulation on nanomaterials?
- What are the practical consequences for manufacturers and distributors of the EPA's nanomaterial regulation?
- What key steps should companies using or distributing nanomaterials take now in order to minimize the risk of noncompliance?
Brett H. Oberst
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
He focuses on commercial litigation, with an emphasis in environmental litigation and regulatory practice.| Read More
He focuses on commercial litigation, with an emphasis in environmental litigation and regulatory practice.Close
Valerie E. Ross
She is a litigation partner who focuses on products liability and insurance law matters, as well as environmental and... | Read More
She is a litigation partner who focuses on products liability and insurance law matters, as well as environmental and toxic tort law, professional responsibility, and complex commercial litigation.Close
Reed D. Rubinstein
He focuses his practice on environmental law, regulatory and administrative law, and litigation. His experience... | Read More
He focuses his practice on environmental law, regulatory and administrative law, and litigation. His experience includes the regulatory issues posed by nano and other emerging technologies. He also defends agency enforcement actions under federal and state CAA, CWA, RCRA FIFRA and TSCA statutes and handles federal and state CWA, CAA, CERCLA, FIFRA, RCRA, and TSCA compliance.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include program handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio