Municipal Regulation of Wireless Telecommunication Facilities in the Public Right of Way: Guidance for Counsel
Navigating Zoning Challenges and Interplay Between Federal, State and Local Laws
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare municipal attorneys to identify and confront complicated issues related to the installation of wireless telecommunication facilities in the public right of way (ROW). The panel will examine the latest trends in the types of wireless technologies that companies are seeking to install in the ROW, the interplay of federal and state law with local laws regulating wireless facilities, and best practices for municipalities for zoning and regulation related to the siting of wireless telecommunication facilities in ROWs.
- Current trends in the types of wireless technologies requesting access to municipal ROWs
- Interplay of federal and state law with municipal regulation of wireless facilities
- Best practices for municipal attorneys related to the siting of wireless telecommunication facilities in ROWs
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the issues counsel to local governments must consider in determining whether a wireless telecommunications facility can be installed on a public ROW?
- What types of restrictions can local governments impose on the installation of wireless telecommunications facilities on ROWs?
- What are some best practices for municipal attorneys drafting zoning and other regulations governing the installation of wireless telecommunications facilities on ROWs?
Anita T. Gallucci
Boardman & Clark
Ms. Gallucci advises municipalities that own electric distribution systems on all facets of the energy business,... | Read More
Ms. Gallucci advises municipalities that own electric distribution systems on all facets of the energy business, including power contract negotiations, construction, asset transfer and regulatory compliance. Her work also includes telecommunications-related contracts (dark fiber license agreements, collocation agreements, tower lease agreements); electric service territory issues; pole attachment agreements; video franchise issues; intergovernmental agreements; and advising municipalities on right-of-way use issues. Ms. Gallucci has over 22 years of experience and has appeared before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.Close
Eric J. Larson
Municipal Law & Litigation Group
Mr. Larson served two years as an Assistant County Attorney where he learned the role of government attorneys,... | Read More
Mr. Larson served two years as an Assistant County Attorney where he learned the role of government attorneys, from the inside. Since that time he has focused his private law practice on the representation of municipalities, from this same perspective of helping government succeed. He relishes his role as part of the municipal team, solving municipal problems, and helping his municipal clients to thrive. Mr. Larson is a regular presenter on municipal law issues and has chaired the Waukesha County Bar Association municipal section for a decade.Close