Multi-Forum Litigation: Strategic Considerations
Leveraging MDL, State Mass Action Coordination, and Other Tactics to Meet Litigation Goals
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide plaintiff and defense counsel with strategies to manage multi-forum litigation, including federal MDL procedures, state coordination procedures, change of venue and discovery management.
- MDL litigation
- Strategic considerations for plaintiffs
- Strategic consideration for defendants
- Impact on class action litigation
- State court coordination procedures
- Overview of key state coordination procedures
- Coordination of state cases with related federal MDL proceedings
- Other strategies to manage multi-forum litigation
- 1404 change of venue procedures
- National or regional counsel
- Discovery coordination
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- When does a motion to centralize related cases make the most sense?
- What are the effects of the federal MDL on related state court litigation?
- How can a 1404(a) venue transfer be most effectively employed?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
John Randall Whaley
Neblett Beard & Arsenault
His practice focuses on class actions, complex litigation, consumer protection, wrongful death, and serious personal... | Read More
His practice focuses on class actions, complex litigation, consumer protection, wrongful death, and serious personal injury representing victims and consumers injured by the negligence and fraud of others. He is an experienced litigator, having tried many cases and class certification issues in both state and federal courts, as well as having argued in many appellate courts.Close
William K. Dodds
He chairs the firm's white collar and securities litigation group, focuses his securities practice on defense of public... | Read More
He chairs the firm's white collar and securities litigation group, focuses his securities practice on defense of public and private companies, financial institutions, officers and directors, and professionals in securities fraud class actions, derivative and corporate governance litigation, SEC proceedings, and enforcement proceedings commenced by FINRA, state attorneys general, other regulators.Close