Mixed-Use Developments: Lessons Learned From Recent Deals
Navigating Zoning, Financing, Community Buy-In, and Other Legal Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will outline best practices for overcoming the principal legal challenges facing developers, builders and the mixed-use development team when undertaking mixed-use projects. The panel will provide valuable insights on how to capitalize on the opportunities of mixed-use development.
- Mixed-use development overview
- Lessons learned from success/designing successful mixed-use projects
- Obtaining project entitlements
- Common interest issues
- Drafting issues
- Financing considerations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What legal issues should be considered when designing mixed-use development projects?
- What are the common zoning and subdivision issues that developers and builders encounter when seeking project entitlements?
- What are some effective strategies for partnering with local and state governments to build mixed-use projects?
- What drafting issues need to be addressed in mixed-use developments?
- What practical issues should be considered when planning a mixed-use development?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ms. Scull focuses her practice on the representation of commercial, industrial, retail and residential developers in... | Read More
Ms. Scull focuses her practice on the representation of commercial, industrial, retail and residential developers in real property transactions. She has developed a special expertise in mixed-use and condominium projects, as well as Bureau of Real Estate regulatory matters. Ms. Scull represents numerous publicly held developers, urban high-rise and mixed-use developers, and developers of master planned communities in developing and processing projects.Close
Robinson & Cole LLP
Mr. Bates assists clients in meeting requirements for land development, particularly planning, zoning, and wetlands... | Read More
Mr. Bates assists clients in meeting requirements for land development, particularly planning, zoning, and wetlands regulations. He appears before planning, zoning, and wetlands commissions throughout the State of Connecticut and has brought and defended numerous court appeals of these types of decisions, including several involving Connecticut's Affordable Housing Appeals Act.Close