Minimizing UDAAP Risks for Consumer Financial Services
Lessons From CFPB Enforcement Actions and Other UDAP Litigation
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will review UDAAP standards and potential application to consumer financial services and products, analyze lessons learned from recent enforcement actions—particularly the aggressive action by the CFPB—and impart best practices for financial services companies to minimize UDAAP risks.
- Analysis of UDAAP standards and their potential application to products and services
- Analysis of CFPB enforcement actions
- Other regulatory and state AG actions
- Best practices for minimizing UDAAP risks and claims
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How will the CFPB interpret the new “abusive” prong of UDAAP violations?
- How might UDAAP standards be applied to various consumer financial products and services?
- What lessons can be learned from recent CFPB consent orders and settlement of UDAAP enforcement actions and litigation?
- What are best practices that financial services companies can take to minimize UDAAP risks?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Karla L. Reyerson
Fredrikson & Byron
She focuses her practice on advising banks and other financial institutions regarding regulatory matters, including... | Read More
She focuses her practice on advising banks and other financial institutions regarding regulatory matters, including financial services licensing, acquisitions and mergers, insider and affiliate transactions, executive compensation restrictions, legal lending limits, the Bank Holding Company Act, the BSA and GLBA, the USA Patriot Act, TARP, and Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.Close
Kathlyn L. Farrell
Treliant Risk Advisors
She has worked in the field of regulatory compliance for financial institutions for over 30 years and is a licensed... | Read More
She has worked in the field of regulatory compliance for financial institutions for over 30 years and is a licensed attorney. Her experience includes all areas of regulatory compliance, BSA/AML work, handling lending and real estate transactions, managing loans in litigation and bankruptcy, supervising enforcement action compliance and drafting and negotiating contracts.Close