Minimizing Antitrust Risks in Non-Reportable Acquisitions
Lessons Learned from Agency Challenges of Consummated Deals
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare companies and counsel to identify and allocate antitrust risks in non-reportable acquisitions. The panel will discuss lessons from recent agency enforcement, analyze whether and when to approach the agencies, offer litigation strategies, and outline best practices for negotiating a remedy.
- Antitrust risks and allocation of risk
- Evaluating antitrust risk
- Risk management in acquisition agreements
- Getting informal feedback from the agencies
- Lessons learned from recent enforcement
- Agency challenges after closing and integration
- Small market transactions may harm competition
- Approaching the agencies
- Whether to approach
- When to approach
- Litigation strategies
- Negotiating a remedy
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What gives rise to agency investigations of consummated, non-reportable acquisitions?
- Should companies ever approach the agencies with antitrust concerns after an acquisition? If so, under what circumstances — and how?
- What steps can companies and counsel take to allocate antitrust risk proactively in non-reportable acquisitions?
Joseph G. Krauss
Hogan & Hartson
He focuses on antitrust and economic regulation, with an emphasis on merger and acquisition counseling and litigation... | Read More
He focuses on antitrust and economic regulation, with an emphasis on merger and acquisition counseling and litigation in all industries, and before federal, state, and foreign antitrust authorities. He counsels clients in numerous matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution issues, Sherman Act, and Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance.Close
He has extensive experience in securing antitrust clearance for mergers and acquisitions from the Department of Justice... | Read More
He has extensive experience in securing antitrust clearance for mergers and acquisitions from the Department of Justice and the FTC. He regularly advises clients on matters involving antitrust litigation and merger clearance, and provides antitrust counseling on issues ranging from competitor collaborations to vertical distribution arrangements.Close
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
He represents clients on antitrust matters with a particular emphasis on practice before the FTC and the Antitrust... | Read More
He represents clients on antitrust matters with a particular emphasis on practice before the FTC and the Antitrust Division of the Justice Department. He has considerable experience with antitrust issues in mergers and acquisitions and has guided scores of national and international transactions through antitrust review to a successful conclusion.Close