Mexico's New Anti-Corruption Laws and Implementing Regulations: Private Entities and Individuals in the Crosshairs
Key Provisions, Ensuring Compliance and Mitigating Legal Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to companies doing business in Mexico to meet the demands of the country’s new anti-corruption reforms and implementing regulations. The panel will outline effective compliance strategies to minimize anti-corruption risks under the new laws.
- Mexico’s new anti-corruption laws and implementing regulations
- Key provisions
- Distinctions between the new reforms and the FCPA
- Enforcement of the anti-corruption laws
- Best practices for compliance—what companies should do now
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Who is covered by Mexico’s new anti-corruption reforms?
- How do these new laws differ from the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act?
- What types of procedures are advised to mitigate liability under the new regime?
- What steps can companies take to minimize corruption risks under Mexico’s anti-corruption reform?
Mr. Chavez focuses on operations related to regulated markets, economic competition and contracting with the public... | Read More
Mr. Chavez focuses on operations related to regulated markets, economic competition and contracting with the public sector. He has extensive experience in financing, restructuring and mergers and acquisitions involving regulated companies, especially in the transportation, communications and financial sectors. Prior to joining the firm, he worked in the Mexican Federal Judiciary System and as a foreign associate in a New York law firm.Close
Miller & Chevalier
Mr. Ellis has extensive experience in all areas of international anti-corruption compliance and enforcement. With a... | Read More
Mr. Ellis has extensive experience in all areas of international anti-corruption compliance and enforcement. With a focus on the Americas, he advises companies and individuals on all areas of FCPA enforcement and compliance. He has performed complex, independent, and on-site internal investigations in over 20 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Africa.Close