Medicare and Medicaid Liens in Personal Injury Cases
Resolving Healthcare Liens or Claims for Reimbursement, Maximizing Settlement Awards
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide personal injury counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants, as well as adjusters, with practical tips and considerations for resolving Medicare and Medicaid liens to maximize recovery and ensure healthcare compliance in personal injury claims.
- Addressing Medicare liens
- Addressing Medicaid liens
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What obligations do plaintiffs in personal injury cases have to reimburse Medicare in a liability settlement?
- Are Medicare set-asides required?
- Best practices for resolving Medicaid liens and an update on important legislative activity
- What steps should defense attorneys take during discovery and upon resolution to protect their clients in regard to lien reimbursement?
Nick D'Aquilla, Esq.
Garretson Resolution Group
Mr. D’Aquilla is a leader on the firm’s complex settlement development team, providing settlement advisory... | Read More
Mr. D’Aquilla is a leader on the firm’s complex settlement development team, providing settlement advisory and consulting services. He has extensive experience driving success in multiple operational and commercial business units of the firm, including in-depth work on the Deepwater Horizon Medical Benefits Class Action Settlement. Mr. D’Aquilla previously served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Louisiana Department of Justice.Close
Catherine E. Goldhaber
Hawkins Parnell & Young
Ms. Goldhaber defends claims related to product liability, exposure to toxic substances and transportation-related... | Read More
Ms. Goldhaber defends claims related to product liability, exposure to toxic substances and transportation-related injuries. She handles matters directly in Illinois and Michigan and manages multi-state litigation as national coordinating and trial counsel. Ms. Goldhaber counsels clients in Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) issues, particularly as the issues arise throughout discovery and in resolution.Close