Medicare and Medicaid Liens in Personal Injury Cases
Resolving Healthcare Liens or Claims for Reimbursement, Maximizing Settlement Awards
An encore presentation featuring live Q&A
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide personal injury counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants, as well as adjusters, with practical tips and considerations for resolving Medicare and Medicaid liens in order to maximize recovery and ensure healthcare compliance in personal injury claims.
- Addressing Medicare liens
- Addressing Medicaid liens
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What obligations do plaintiffs in personal injury cases have to reimburse Medicare in a liability settlement?
- Are Medicare set-asides required?
- Best practices for resolving Medicaid liens and an update on important legislative activity
- What steps should defense attorneys take during discovery and upon resolution to protect their clients in regard to lien reimbursement?
An encore presentation with live Q&A.
Garretson Resolution Group
Mr. D'Aquilla provides consultation to plaintiff and defendant stakeholders in complex settlements and... | Read More
Mr. D'Aquilla provides consultation to plaintiff and defendant stakeholders in complex settlements and multidistrict litigations (MDLs) on best practices to ensure all-party compliance with the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and other health insurance reimbursement laws stemming from Medicaid and ERISA.Close
Catherine E. Goldhaber
Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young
Ms. Goldhaber defends claims related to product liability, exposure to toxic substances and transportation-related... | Read More
Ms. Goldhaber defends claims related to product liability, exposure to toxic substances and transportation-related injuries. She handles matters directly in Illinois and Michigan and manages multi-state litigation as national coordinating and trial counsel. Ms. Goldhaber counsels clients in Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) issues, particularly as the issues arise throughout discovery and in resolution.Close