Medicare and Medicaid Enrollment and Revalidation: Obtaining and Maintaining Enrollment and Billing Privileges
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel to healthcare providers with crucial steps to successfully obtain and maintain their enrollment and billing privileges under the enhanced Medicare and Medicaid enrollment requirements.
- Provider screenings—risk levels
- Other gatekeeping mechanisms
- Enforcement measures
- Payment suspension
- Termination of provider participation
- Responding to notice of enrollment suspension or termination
- Appealing a termination or deactivation decision
- Corrective action plans—practical considerations when drafting
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What compliance best practices should providers use to increase the likelihood of meeting the enrollment requirements?
- What approaches are most useful for responding to a notice of enrollment deactivation, revocation of billing privileges or termination?
- How can providers appeal an enrollment revocation of billing privileges or termination decision?
- Understanding the distinctions between the appeals process in an enrollment case versus an appeal of a claim’s determination or survey sanction.
Jesse A. Berg
Gray Plant Mooty
Mr. Berg counsels healthcare providers on federal and state anti-kickback laws, the Stark physician self-referral law,... | Read More
Mr. Berg counsels healthcare providers on federal and state anti-kickback laws, the Stark physician self-referral law, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, enrollment and participation issues, HIPAA and state privacy and confidentiality matters, as well as federal and state antitrust issues. He provides legal guidance to a variety of healthcare providers, including public and private hospitals, physician groups of various sizes and specialties, and ancillary service providers.Close
Donna J. Senft
Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz
Ms. Senft focuses on health care transactions, Medicare enrollment and regulatory matters. She represents various... | Read More
Ms. Senft focuses on health care transactions, Medicare enrollment and regulatory matters. She represents various providers in Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and compliance issues, billing matters and claims proposals, and state licensure matters. Her practice includes advising healthcare providers and practitioners regarding acquisitions, mergers and internal reorganizations, focusing on obtaining licenses, Medicare and Medicaid certifications, and billing privileges.Close
Kelly J. Skeat
Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff
Ms. Skeat represents hospitals, physician practices, life science and durable medical equipment companies and private... | Read More
Ms. Skeat represents hospitals, physician practices, life science and durable medical equipment companies and private equity funds in transactional and regulatory matters. Her experience includes serving as healthcare regulatory counsel for a private equity firm in its acquisition of a nationally recognized behavioral health provider; representing real estate investment trust HCP Inc., as health care regulatory counsel, in connection with its planned spinoff of certain assets into a separate and independent REIT; and serving as deal counsel in the acquisition of home-based primary care physician practices in Colorado and Texas.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/06/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 04/06/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H