Medicaid Planning Techniques: Trusts, Private Annuities, Spousal Transfers, Caregiver Agreements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss some of the more common techniques for Medicaid planning, including asset protection and pooled income trusts, private annuities and promissory notes, spousal transfers, and caregiver agreements.
- Asset protection and pooled income trusts
- Private annuities and promissory notes
- Spousal transfers and spousal refusals
- Caregiver agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How should counsel draft a trust that is compliant for Medicaid purposes?
- What types of annuities are considered a resource that must be used to pay for nursing home care?
- What requirements are generally imposed to make a private annuity Medicaid compliant?
- How should caregiver agreements be structured in order to be an acceptable means of facilitating Medicaid eligibility?
David A. Cutner
Lamson & Cutner
Mr. Cutner is selected by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media as a “Top Rated Lawyer for Estate... | Read More
Mr. Cutner is selected by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media as a “Top Rated Lawyer for Estate Planning, Family Law, Elder Law.” Also, under the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings System, David has been given the top, AV Preeminent, rating for more than 25 years as having the highest possible peer review ratings in legal ability and ethical standards.Close
Kyla G. Kelim
Aging in Alabama
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social... | Read More
Ms. Kelim focuses her practice on proactive planning involving those in need concerning Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. She is a nationally recognized speaker on nursing home Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security disability matters. She launched Aging in Alabama to help address the crisis in health care coverage facing seniors and their caregivers.Close