Medicaid and Estate Planning: Conflicts, Trust Drafting Issues, Tax Consequences
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder law attorneys guidance on navigating challenges and avoiding missteps between Medicaid and estate planning. The panel will discuss the inherent differences between Medicaid planning and estate planning, common mistakes in drafting trusts, tax consequences, accounting for multiple income sources, and other issues for elder law attorneys.
- Estate planning needs vs. Medicaid requirements
- Trust drafting and Medicaid
- Gifting vs. Medicaid transfers
- Tax implications
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key issues for Medicaid planning vs. estate planning?
- What factors must be considered in making gifts vs. Medicaid transfers?
- What are the tax implications of transferring annuities for Medicaid?
- How do you navigate the issues presented by multiple sources of income?
- How can you ensure compliance with other benefits eligibility requirements?
- What mistakes must be avoided in utilizing and drafting certain trusts?
Mr. Arkin represents the elderly, the disabled and their caregivers in all facets of Elder Law including Estate... | Read More
Mr. Arkin represents the elderly, the disabled and their caregivers in all facets of Elder Law including Estate Planning, Asset Protection Planning, Public Benefits, Incapacity Planning, Veteran Benefits, and Special Needs Planning. He gained a passion for helping the elderly after watching his own family struggle to afford the care his grandparents needed. Mr. Arkin witnessed how his family was harmed by misinformation regarding Public Benefits and the difficulties they had in navigating the governmental bureaucracy involved with obtaining Medicaid and Veterans Benefits.Close
Michael J. Greenberg
Lamson & Cutner
Mr. Greenberg's practice includes estate planning for high net worth individuals and families, estate and trust... | Read More
Mr. Greenberg's practice includes estate planning for high net worth individuals and families, estate and trust administration, asset protection, charitable planning, special needs planning, Medicaid planning and Elder Law.Close