Maximizing Insurance Contributions in Mediated Settlements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide plaintiff and defense counsel and mediators with best practices to maximize insurance contributions when resolving cases through the mediation process.
- The role of insurance in mediation
- Insurance-related issues arising during mediation
- Scope of coverage
- Attorney-client privileged communications
- Disclosure of mediation communications
- Best practices for addressing insurance issues in mediation
- For plaintiff counsel
- For defense counsel
- For mediators
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What role does insurance coverage play in settling cases through mediation?
- How do issues of attorney-client privilege and confidentiality typically arise during mediated negotiations related to insurance coverage?
- How can parties to a mediated settlement best maximize insurance contributions when negotiating an agreement?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
John L. Watkins
Barnes & Thornburg
He is a business litigator and a registered mediator. As a lawyer, he represents domestic and international... | Read More
He is a business litigator and a registered mediator. As a lawyer, he represents domestic and international companies in litigation matters, currently focusing on cases involving insurance coverage, trade secrets and corporate and LLC disputes. He has represented businesses and individuals as a lawyer in numerous mediations since the late 1980s.Close
McCarter & English
Ms. Pastor is the Practice Leader of the firm’s Insurance Coverage Group. She has secured hundreds of millions of... | Read More
Ms. Pastor is the Practice Leader of the firm’s Insurance Coverage Group. She has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance assets for a broad range of policyholder clients. She also provides advice to clients assessing their potential risks, analyzing new insurance products and considering the adequacy of their existing insurance programs.Close
Kimberly M. Melvin
She represents insurers in connection with coverage issues related to professional liability lines of coverage,... | Read More
She represents insurers in connection with coverage issues related to professional liability lines of coverage, including liability policies issued to directors and officers, financial institutions, mutual funds, investment advisors, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), rating agencies, insurance companies, insurance brokers and lawyers.Close