Mastering the Rules of S Corporation Shareholder-Employee Compensation
The Reasonable Compensation Standards
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide tax advisers and other professionals with a comprehensive examination of the rules governing compensation of S corporation officers and shareholders, focusing on how to determine, document and support reasonable compensation to avoid or withstand IRS scrutiny.
- Advantage of distribution vs. wages
- Reasonable compensation in the courts
- IRS guidelines and criteria
- Profitability of an S corp vs. distribution of an S corp
- How to -- approaches for determining reasonable compensation
The panelist will review these and other important issues:
- What types of businesses and compensation arrangements are most likely to attract IRS challenge?
- Standards for structuring and defending compensation plans that are reasonable
- Identify options for determining reasonable compensation
- Assess the consequences of an IRS re-characterization of distributions
Paul S. Hamann
Mr. Hamann is an expert on determining reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners. He has educated more... | Read More
Mr. Hamann is an expert on determining reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners. He has educated more than 30,000 tax advisors on the topic of reasonable compensation for shareholder-employees of S Corps and has been published in numerous state CPA society journals. He, along with other experts in their own fields founded RCReports in 2010. RCReports cloud software determines reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners and is used by CPA’s, EA’s, tax advisors, forensic accountants and valuators when they need to determine a reasonable compensation figure for a client.Close
Buy Live Webinar
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $37. CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event.
See NASBA details.
Live Webinar & CPE Processing
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $130
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $9.45 S&H