Mastering GST Elections and Reporting: Minimizing Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Through Indirect Skips
Opting Out of Automatic Allocation of GST Exemptions, Structuring GST-Exempt Trusts, and Reporting Skip Transactions
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will provide tax advisers with a comprehensive and practical guide to generation-skipping transfer (GST) election strategies and the tax reporting mechanics of calculating GST taxes. The panel will offer specific guidance on reporting GSTs under various transfer scenarios. The panel will also outline the available elections and exemption provisions to minimize GST impact and avoid costly penalties.
- Calculating GST exemption
- Structuring GST trusts
- Allocating GST exemptions to trusts
- Opting out of automatic allocation to direct skip persons
- Allocating exemption to indirect skip persons
- Tax reporting of indirect skips
- Case study and illustrations of trust language
- Impending legislative changes
The panel will discuss these and other important topics:
- Elections and strategies to minimize or avoid GST tax
- Methods for allocating GST exemption
- Calculating inclusion ratios on GST transfers into trusts
- How and when to opt out of automatic allocations to direct skip persons
Christiana M. Lazo
Kirkland & Ellis
Ms. Lazo’s practice consists of representing ultra-high net worth individuals, their family offices, and closely... | Read More
Ms. Lazo’s practice consists of representing ultra-high net worth individuals, their family offices, and closely held businesses in developing and implementing sophisticated domestic and international tax and estate plans. She has significant experience counseling global clients on inbound and outbound planning, particularly advising families with members in multiple jurisdictions on wealth transfers and on tax-efficient investment and business ownership structures.Close
to be announced.
Early Discount (through 01/07/22)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.