Mastering Form 5472: Filing Requirements for Foreign Individuals, LLCs, and Companies
Meeting Information Return Requirements for Foreign-Owned Disregarded Entities and 25%-Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporations
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will provide tax advisers with a thorough and practical guide to completing Form 5472, focusing on the impact of IRS regulations requiring 5472 reporting by disregarded entities (DREs) with foreign owners. The panel will provide line-by-line guidance on completing the form, define complex concepts, and discuss the impact of IRS rules expanding filing requirements.
- Statutory provisions of IRC 6038A and 6038C
- Key definitions under statutory provisions and regulations
- Reporting corporations
- Reportable transactions
- Related parties
- Regulations (TD 9796) requiring foreign-owned DREs to file Form 5472
- Completing the form
- Penalties and penalty abatement provisions
The panel will discuss these and other vital issues:
- What entities and individuals are subject to Form 5472 filing requirements?
- Identifying essential elements of IRC 6038A and 6038C to determine definitions of transactions to report
- Line-by-line guidance on completing Form 5472
- Steps that foreign individuals owning DREs operating in the U.S. must take to fulfill filing requirements
- Penalty abatement and mitigation provisions
Kundra & Associates
Ms. Kundra is a tax law adviser, litigator, and tax controversy attorney who operate practices in Maryland and... | Read More
Ms. Kundra is a tax law adviser, litigator, and tax controversy attorney who operate practices in Maryland and Washington, D.C. with clients local, nationwide, and residing all over the world. Her practice focuses on tax controversy and international tax compliance, among others. Her practice serves entrepreneurs, businesses and individuals with legal, tax and financial counseling.Close
Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
Mr. Samtoy’s practice specializes in international tax compliance and consulting services, with a focus on... | Read More
Mr. Samtoy’s practice specializes in international tax compliance and consulting services, with a focus on individuals, closely-held businesses, and hedge funds. He has particular expertise in structuring and reporting foreign manufacturing arrangements and foreign holding companies, and is experienced in foreign asset disclosure requirements, as well as foreign trust and estate reporting.Close
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.
Cannot Attend July 7?
CPE credit is not available on downloads.