Mandatory E-Filing of Form 5500: Are You Ready?
Mastering the New EFAST2 Procedures and Rules
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will prepare benefit plan administrators and their accounting advisory firms for next year's new Form 5500 e-filing mandate. The panel will outline detailed steps for handling each step of the e-filing process from registration through actual filing.
- Background on Form 5500 e-filing
- FAST1 optional e-filing process
- EFAST2 mandate replaces EFAST1 effective with plan years starting on or after Jan. 1, 2009
- Requirement for retirement and welfare plans
- E-filing not available for Form 5500-EZ
- Also applies to 403(b) plans not subject to Title I of ERISA
- Plans with Form 5500 due dates before Jan. 1, 2010 automatically get filing extensions
- Until 90 days after form first becomes available for e-filing (i.e. March 31, 2010)
- E-filing software options
- Private Web-based
- Third-party software provider
- Labor Department Web-based
- Advantages, disadvantages for each
- EFAST2 registration process
- Starts Jan. 2, 2010
- Signers also have to register
- Advisors can’t get signature authority for clients
- Steps for e-filing, in detail
- Completing screens
- Associating signer
- Submitting form and attachments
- Reviewing filings
The panel will fully explain the workings of each stage of the new EFAST2 e-filing process for Form 5500 including:
- Evaluating the e-filing software options: Private web-based, third-party software and Labor Department web-based.
- Getting ready for EFAST2 registration: The timetable and the processes.
- Grasping the actual e-filing process: What you'll do during each step.
Customer Service Director
DATAIR Employee Benefit Systems
She has worked with the employee benefit software and services company since 2000 and has helped prepare the company... | Read More
She has worked with the employee benefit software and services company since 2000 and has helped prepare the company for both EFAST1 and EFAST2 e-filing programs from the U.S. Labor Department.Close
She has worked at the company, which specializes in document and forms software for employee benefits professionals,... | Read More
She has worked at the company, which specializes in document and forms software for employee benefits professionals, since 2005. She has spoken on several EFAST2 webinars and is part of the company's EFAST2 Product Development Team.Close
She manages the benefits consulting and administration firm's Compliance Department and oversees its preparation of... | Read More
She manages the benefits consulting and administration firm's Compliance Department and oversees its preparation of Form 5500s. In that position, she works closely with clients, auditors, actuaries and service providers.Close