M&A Counsel and Dealmaking: Leveraging Access to Capital and Market Conditions
Managing Post-Closing Integration, Governance and Due Diligence Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine key legal trends and market conditions affecting M&A dealmaking, focusing on ways that deal size affects term strategy, post-closing integration and planning for failure to meet pre-closing objectives, directors’ governance and due diligence issues including a properly focused FCPA review, and access to transactional capital.
- Current trends in M&A overview
- Factors driving trends
- Board of director governance
- Due diligence best practices
- Access and cost of transactional capital
- Divestiture trends
- FCPA and related compliance risk in M&A due diligence
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What market developments are driving deals and best practice strategies?
- How are changes on the law under Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley affecting due diligence?
- How does the size of the deal impact M&A strategy for deal counsel?
- How important is FCPA due diligence in successfully and timely completing a transaction?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Andrew J. Sherman
Mr. Sherman’s practice focuses on issues affecting business growth for companies at all stages, including... | Read More
Mr. Sherman’s practice focuses on issues affecting business growth for companies at all stages, including developing strategies to leverage IP and technology assets, as well as international corporate transactional and franchising matters. He also counsels clients on such issues as M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances, capital formation, and distribution channels. He is the author of numerous books and articles on these and related topics.Close
Joan E. McKown
Ms. McKown's practice focuses on investigations, enforcement actions and other proceedings with U.S. and foreign... | Read More
Ms. McKown's practice focuses on investigations, enforcement actions and other proceedings with U.S. and foreign regulators. She also counsels financial institutions, boards, corporations and individuals on issues related to the SEC, as well as corporate governance, compliance and ethics matters. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. McKown was the longtime chief counsel of the Division of Enforcement at the SEC.Close