Managing Risk in Condominium Development: Statutory Warranties, Disclosures, and Construction Claims
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate counsel with guidance on anticipating unit owner and association claims in condominium developments and creating project documents and disclosures that will minimize litigation risk. The panel will address developing a fair and cooperative process with all design and development stakeholders to deal with likely claims and preemptively handle construction claims to avoid litigation and reduce costs.
- Source of liability
- Statutory warranties
- Risk management
- Disclosure documents
- Transition of management
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the major types of liability claims likely to arise in condominium development?
- How should real estate counsel handle misrepresentation and fraud claims related to condo projects?
- What are best practices in developing condo disclosures to avoid future claims?
- What implied and express warranties can be the form of construction defect claims in condominium development?
- How can a developer handle the transition of management of condominium development to mitigate risk best?
Robert M. Diamond
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with... | Read More
Mr. Diamond has practiced real property law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia for 38 years, with special emphasis on preparing documents for condominiums, planned communities and mixed-use projects, negotiating warranty and construction defect claims, representing community associations and litigating association-related issues in state and federal courts.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 01/29/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 01/29/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H