Managed Care Litigation: Latest Developments
Litigating Issues Involving Coverage, Health Reform, Payment Practices and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare healthcare counsel to litigate managed care lawsuits. The panel will discuss legal, substantive and practical considerations in common areas of dispute.
Hot topics in coverage litigation
- Autism spectrum disorder litigation
- Mental health parity litigation
- Medical loss ratio requirements
- Provider inclusion and exclusion from networks
Out-of-network reimbursement trends and litigation
- UCR class actions
- Alternatives that have emerged to replace Ingenix
Key ERISA litigation trends
- Class actions based on recoupment practices
- Special attorney-client privilege issues in ERISA setting
- Developing law on equitable relief under ERISA
- Antitrust litigation targeting Blues plans’ geographic distribution of markets
- Payor actions challenging provider waivers of co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the bases for the recent wave of managed care suits--and what defenses are available to providers and healthcare plans?
- What litigation and settlement strategies have proven effective for counsel litigating managed care claims?
- What are the best practices for counsel to providers and healthcare plans to minimize the expanding risk of managed care suits?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
James W. Boswell, III
King & Spalding
He has extensive experience in handling a full range of commercial litigation matters. He has handled jury trials,... | Read More
He has extensive experience in handling a full range of commercial litigation matters. He has handled jury trials, administrative hearings, arbitrations and appellate arguments involving specialized healthcare issues on behalf of healthcare industry clients. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the American Health Lawyers Association.Close
Andrew J. Hefty
Crowell & Moring
He is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Group. He focuses his practice on healthcare litigation and regulatory... | Read More
He is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Group. He focuses his practice on healthcare litigation and regulatory matters. He primarily represents health plans and insurance carriers, and has handled significant litigation and arbitration matters for numerous Fortune 500 companies, including global insurers, reinsurers and financial institutions.Close