Managed Care Litigation: Latest Developments
Litigating Issues Involving Healthcare Reform, Payment Practices, Most Favored Nations Clauses and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare healthcare counsel to litigate managed care lawsuits. The panel will discuss legal, substantive and practical considerations in common areas of dispute.
- Managed care litigation—current legal trends
- Constitutional challenges to PPACA
- Litigation issues associated with healthcare reform
- Common litigation issues
- ERISA remedies
- Use of Most Favored Nations Clause
- Silent PPOs
- Provider inclusion and exclusion from networks
- Best practices when litigating claims
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the bases for the recent wave of managed care suits—and what defenses are available to providers and healthcare plans?
- What litigation and settlement strategies have proven effective for counsel litigating managed care claims?
- What are the best practices for counsel to providers and healthcare plans to minimize the expanding risk of managed care suits?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
James W Boswell, III
King & Spalding
He has extensive experience in handling a full range of commercial litigation matters. He has handled jury trials,... | Read More
He has extensive experience in handling a full range of commercial litigation matters. He has handled jury trials, administrative hearings, arbitrations and appellate arguments involving specialized healthcare issues on behalf of healthcare industry clients. He is Chair of the Healthcare Liability and Litigation Practice Group of the American Health Lawyers Association.Close
Jesica M. Eames
King & Spalding
She represents a variety of healthcare clients – including hospitals and health systems, academic medical... | Read More
She represents a variety of healthcare clients – including hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, physician groups, PHOs, manufacturers and other healthcare organizations – in managed care litigation, complex contractual disputes, commercial litigation, False Claims Act lawsuits, government investigations, subpoena responses and internal investigations.Close