Madrid Protocol: Obtaining and Maintaining International Trademark Protection
Filing Procedure, Deficiency Notices, Subsequent Designations, Application Amendments, and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel on the Madrid Protocol, including the process, how and where to file, amending an application, and dividing a registration. The panel will examine how to respond to a deficiency notice from WIPO, apply for subsequent designations, and use the e-renewal process. The group will also discuss the limitations or drawbacks of the system.
- Mechanics of the Madrid Protocol
- How and where to file
- How the process works
- 18-month rule
- Responding to a deficiency notice from WIPO
- Subsequent designations and differences among countries in handling certain aspects of Madrid designations
- Amending an application
- For only one country
- For multiple countries
- How to divide a Madrid registration
- E-renewal process
- Limitations or drawbacks of the system
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of filing under the Madrid Protocol?
- What are the differences among countries in handling certain aspects of Madrid designations?
- What steps should counsel take to amend a trademark application for one country? For multiple countries?
- How should counsel utilize the Madrid Protocol to protect trademarks worldwide?
Barbara J. Grahn
Ms. Grahn counsels clients in a range of trademark, copyright and advertising matters. She handles U.S. and... | Read More
Ms. Grahn counsels clients in a range of trademark, copyright and advertising matters. She handles U.S. and international trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement, brand development and management, trademark and copyright infringement counseling and disputes, domain name issues, advertising compliance, sweepstakes and contest rules, and copyright registrations for large databases and websites.Close
Dr. Kunz-Hallstein Rechtsanwälte
Mr. Kunz-Hallstein practices in all fields of intellectual property, especially in trademark prosecution and... | Read More
Mr. Kunz-Hallstein practices in all fields of intellectual property, especially in trademark prosecution and litigation as well as portfolio management.Close