Litigating Trucking Accident Injury Claims: Theories of Liability, Impact of CSA Recordkeeping, and More
Plaintiff and Defense Approaches to Discovery, Pre-Trial Motions, and Damages
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide personal injury counsel with a review of conventional theories of liability in trucking accident injury cases and discuss the complexities involved with litigating and settling claims. The panel will explain the impact of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and other legal and practical considerations when bringing or defending trucking injury claims.
- Common causes of trucking accidents
- Theories of liability
- Overview of federal trucking safety regulations
- Practical concerns for the practitioner
- Post-crash inspection
- What to include in an investigation
- Discovery considerations
- CSA data
- Admissibility of "preventable" designation
- Conditional carriers
- Pretrial motions
- Broker and shipper liability
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the rules that govern trucking safety?
- What role does driver hiring, training, and supervision play in determining liability?
- What are the most common causes of trucking accidents?
- What are the potential implications of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration data describing carriers and drivers?
- How is liability assigned between multiple defendants?
Bryan L. Bradley
Kenneth J. Allen Law Group
Mr. Bradley focuses his practice on heavy truck and bus crash litigation and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful... | Read More
Mr. Bradley focuses his practice on heavy truck and bus crash litigation and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death.Close
Eric L. Probst
Porzio Bromberg & Newman
Mr. Probst has extensive litigation experience, including handling multi-million dollar, complex commercial... | Read More
Mr. Probst has extensive litigation experience, including handling multi-million dollar, complex commercial litigation matters, breach of contract and consumer fraud disputes, and representing manufacturing defendants in mass tort and one-off product liability personal injury and class action matters. He is a frequent author and lecturer on litigation related topics.Close
Rey O. Villanueva
Golden Rothschild Spagnola Lundell Boylan & Garubo & Bell
Mr. Villanueva concentrates his practice in areas of General Liability, Construction, Labor & Employment, and... | Read More
Mr. Villanueva concentrates his practice in areas of General Liability, Construction, Labor & Employment, and Municipal/Traffic.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/10/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 04/10/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H