Litigating Trucking Accident Injury Claims: Theories of Liability, Impact of CSA Recordkeeping and More
Plaintiff and Defense Approaches to Discovery, Pre-Trial Motions and Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide personal injury counsel with a review of common theories of liability in trucking accident injury cases and discuss the complexities involved with litigating and/or settling claims. The panel will explain the impact of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and other legal and practical considerations when bringing or defending trucking injury claims.
- Common causes of trucking accidents
- Theories of liability
- Overview of federal trucking safety regulations
- Practical concerns for the practitioner
- Post-crash inspection
- What to include in an investigation
- Discovery considerations
- CSA data
- Admissibility of “preventable” designation
- Conditional carriers
- Pretrial motions
- Broker and shipper liability
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the rules that govern trucking safety?
- What role does driver hiring, training and supervision play in determining liability?
- What are the most common causes of trucking accidents?
- What are the potential implications of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration data describing carriers and drivers?
- How is liability assigned between multiple defendants?
Robert R. Foos, Jr.
Mr. Foos focuses his practice on the representation of commercial carriers and commercial drivers in catastrophic... | Read More
Mr. Foos focuses his practice on the representation of commercial carriers and commercial drivers in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. He represents several national carriers and a host of local, inter and intra-state transportation companies. Prior to joining the firm, he served as In-House Counsel and acted as managing partner for a captive law firm in the insurance industry.Close
Michael J. Leizerman
Leizerman & Associates
Mr. Leizerman’s entire caseload consists of catastrophic truck crash claims, including a recent settlement of $34... | Read More
Mr. Leizerman’s entire caseload consists of catastrophic truck crash claims, including a recent settlement of $34 million and recent verdicts of $16 million, $13.2 million and $11 million. He was the first Chairman of the American Association for Justice's (AAJ) Trucking Litigation Group. He is the co-founder of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys and author of the three volume treatise Litigating Truck Accident Cases.Close