Litigating Indemnification and Representations and Warranty Provisions in Commercial Litigation
This program is being rescheduled new date TBD
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss litigating indemnification and reps and warranty provisions in commercial contracts. The program will provide counsel with strategies for enforcing or attacking claims arising from contractual disputes involving these provisions.
- Principles of indemnification and the duty to defend
- Principles of representation and warranties
- Litigation issues and challenges
- Statutes of limitations
- Choice of law provisions
- Contractual ambiguities
- Indemnification for an indemnitee’s negligence
- Exculpatory/limitation of liability provisions
- Implied/equitable indemnification
- Attorneys’ fees
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How have the courts’ varying interpretations of indemnification provisions impacted parties’ ability to shift liability in commercial contracts?
- What enforceability challenges do parties commonly face when seeking to make an indemnification claim?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues in alleged breach of reps and warranties claims?
- What are best practices for litigating indemnification and reps and warranties provisions?
Herbert R. Giorgio
Mr. Giorgio is a trial lawyer, whose litigation practice encompasses a wide range of civil litigation, including... | Read More
Mr. Giorgio is a trial lawyer, whose litigation practice encompasses a wide range of civil litigation, including complex business disputes, M&A litigation, and intellectual property for clients across the country. His experience in commercial litigation includes litigating contract issues; UCC claims; complex business disputes including veil-piercing, shareholder dilution, successor liability, and corporate continuation issues; M&A litigation including rep and warranty claims, earnouts, and working capital purchase price adjustments; and various consumer protection statutes and compliance issues.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H