Litigating Equal Pay Claims: Privilege, Expanded Establishment, Proposed Legislation, Pay Audits, State Analogs
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide employment counsel with practical advice on litigation trends in federal and state equal pay laws, which have been on the rise and are anticipated to continue to do so under the Biden administration. The panel will discuss the proposed changes to the Equal Pay Act, including expanding damages and how the potential expansion of the definition of "establishment" encourages claims.
- History of the Equal Pay Act and the proposed amendments
- State analogs
- Pay audits
- Use of statistical analysis
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How have equal pay and pay discrimination laws evolved over the years, and what is the expected outcome of the current amendments proposed to the Equal Pay Act?
- How should a company and counsel conduct a pay audit?
- What statistical methods are most commonly requested by employment counsel to avoid and resolve pay equity claims?
- What best practices should employer counsel utilize when implementing proactive pay audits, selecting statistical models, and developing jury presentation strategies?
Mr. Gagnon is a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the Labor & Employment... | Read More
Mr. Gagnon is a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the Labor & Employment Department, he focuses his practice on Complex Discrimination and Wage and Hour Litigation.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/19/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/19/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H