Liquidated Damages in Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements: Maximizing Client Recovery and Reducing Risk
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss liquidated damages in real estate purchase and sale agreements, focusing primarily on commercial real estate purchase contracts that give the seller the right to the buyer's deposit as liquidated damages if the buyer breaches its obligation to purchase. The panel will address liquidated damages in a purchase and sale agreement (PSA) as both the exclusive and non-exclusive remedy, federal and state statutes that apply to these provisions, and practical negotiating and drafting considerations.
- Liquidated damages as a non-exclusive remedy
- Applicable statutes addressing liquidated damages clauses
- Drafting enforceable liquidated damages clauses
- Misc. considerations and practical strategies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How have courts in different jurisdictions interpreted and applied liquidated damages clauses?
- What federal and state laws apply to liquidated damages clauses?
- What are best practices for negotiating and drafting liquidated damages clauses?
Ren R. Hayhurst
Ren RH Legal Consultants
Mr. Hayhurst’s professional life has focused for over 30 years on all aspects of lender and borrower... | Read More
Mr. Hayhurst’s professional life has focused for over 30 years on all aspects of lender and borrower representation, including real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure, receivership and loan/guaranty enforcement litigation.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H